Accredited exercise physiologists (AEPs) specialise in clinical exercise interventions for patients at high risk of developing, or with existing chronic and complex medical conditions and injuries. These interventions are provided by exercise delivery, including health and physical activity education, advice and support and lifestyle modification programs with a strong focus on achieving behavioural change. AEPs are recognised allied health professionals displaying a diverse range of knowledge and skills, working across a variety of areas in the health and exercise and sports science fields. The aims of AEP interventions are to prevent or manage chronic disease or injury, and assist in restoring one's optimal physical function, health or wellness.
At EFRH, our highly qualified and experienced exercise physiologists assist patients by providing treatment and rehabilitation plans for:
- Patients experiencing chronic conditions such as diabetes, heart disease and stroke.
- Patients at high rist of developing the chronic conditions mentioned above.
- Post surgery and joint replacements.
- Sports injuries
- Work place injuries and intervention programs.
- Weight loss
- Elderly patients experiencing a range of conditions.
- Falls and balance
Talk to the staff at our clinic for more information about our exercise programs or contact us. We would be happy to discuss treatment options with you in regards to your specific condition.